SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Vintage Steam Products Preparing for Hershey - Cylinder Oil
Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2009 12:11AM

Dear Friends:

Vintage Steam Products is preparing for Hershey. We will be in RWL 4 and 5 unless we can swap better spots and get closer to the Stanley Museum at about RWL 23 or so.

We are negotiating for steam cylinder oil, TK 1500, which is excellent for condensing cars and exceedingly good for non-condensing cars. If you are interested in steam cylinder oil, please contact us at sales@vintagesteamproducts.com or call Carolyn at (972) 661-9672 ASAP.

We exopect to have some one gallon jugs for sale. We will, if everything goes according to schedule, have a 55 gallon drum at Hershey and can fill your 5-gallon container. We can also provide you with a new, plastic, approved 5-gallon container. We will need orders in advance of Hershey to make bringing a 55 gallon drum to Hershey worth while.

Pressure tanks are now in stock and 2" lace wheel handles should be in stock by Hershey. Art Hart saw a pair of the pressure thanks and said that if he did not know differently, he'd thought he had made them himself!

Place your orders now and save the shipping! We will have printed catalogues at Hershey.

Thank you for your orders.

Best wishes!

Donald and Carolyn Hoke

www.vintagesteamproducts.com
(972) 955-7614 (Cell)
(972) 661-9672 (Phone)
sales@vintagesteamproducts.com

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Attachments: Pressure Tanks with CJ (2) small for uploads.JPG (190.7KB)   Engine Case Cover Small for Web Site.JPG (28KB)  
Re: Vintage Steam Products Preparing for Hershey - Cylinder Oil
Posted by: Jeff Brown (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 12:24AM

Hi all,

I've never been to Hershey are there usually any/many steam car parts on offer there??

Jeff

Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 03:53AM

Hi,,,Best to ask for parts here,,see what ya can find,,,or possibly meet at Hershey,,,Think of Hershey as 75 acres of hay stack 10" tall,,,and you are looking for a Stanley pilot,,Last I heard there were 10,000 dealer setups,,Dont worry that you will not see it all,,,just not possible,,send a scout party to help,,and cell phones,,,Comunication is key,,,Cheers,,Ben

Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 03:20PM

I have to agree with Ben. I’ve gone five times and have never seen it all. You need good walking shoes and carry an umbrella, if it’s not raining the sun can get hot.
Its like a big candy store, you always come home with something you don’t need and will never use.
If you’re looking for a pilot, look for the one that’s lit, the haystack will be on fire.

Rolly

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 03:49PM

I have been to Hershey several times and I have been able to see it all the first time thru by walking at a fast pace every day. Unfortunately by late Friday when one starts a second time around, many things have changed. New vendors have arrived and more boxes of parts have been added to their displays. The handiest thing to do when you arrive at Hershey, as soon as you can, buy a directory of the vendors. The directory briefly lists what the vendors sell and their location so that you can plan your route to quickly include those vendors. Watch your step while walking in the grassy fields. One year I accidently stepped into a fox hole and I twisted my knee. It ended my walking right then and there.

Posted by: mdsbob (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 07:56PM

"Watch your step while walking in the grassy fields. One year I accidently stepped into a fox hole and I twisted my knee. It ended my walking right then and there."

Pat, you may have not been in a few years...There are no swap spaces on grass...Anymore. Only the Sat. car judging is on grass.

Bob

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: September 10, 2009 01:34AM

Yes, it has been a several years since I have been to Hershey. I was walking from one grass field across to another mud field where Art Hart and the Stanley Museum were. I went by the way of a grass field that was being used for parking. That is where I accidentally parked it above my knee.

Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2009 10:49PM

Hi, All!

Vintage Steam Products will be at RWK 33 - 34.

Order today and avoid the shipping charges. All sales at Hershey will require paying Penna sales tax.

VSP now has valve packing spanner wrenches and new steam pressure relief valves!

See you in three weeks!

Don and Carolyn Hoke

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Attachments: Condensing Car Spanner Wrenches (BEST) SMALL FOR WEB SITE.JPG (51.2KB)   Pressure Relief Valve (1) SMALL FOR WEB SITE.JPG (32.5KB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.