SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
US Land Steam Record!!
Posted by: chuk williams (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2010 07:31PM

Hi Everyone!!

I wanted to let everyone know that progress is being made on the Streamliner that we're gonna take to Bonneville and set a new Land Steam Record. The frame and roll cage are coming along nicely, the front suspension and steering are done, and we're now concentrating on the cockpit area.

You can check out the latest progress photos by going to the website and viewing the progress page....

[www.uslandsteamrecord.com]

Thanks for your support and enthusiasm--keep it coming-we'll bring the Record back to the USA!!

Cheers---Chuk Williams

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2010 08:08PM by JW.

Re: US Land Steam Record!!
Posted by: DFlowers (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2010 03:35AM

Bring it home Chuck!!!! If I had the time and money I'd be right there with you.
The Brits victory will be short lived im sure, but hey when you think about it the Stanley was a piston engine not a turbine, that has to still count for something right?

Date: May 04, 2010 06:51PM

Well-Indeed-

When you take into account that the Stanleys set their record--in 1906!!!!--that was still in the horse and buggy days! I cannot imagine how they managed to get tires that would hang together at 120+ MPH!!

The Discovery Channel/Canada tells me that the tentative date for the airing of the USLSR segment will be on May 11th. The segment will be a part of their daily evening show-the "Daily Planet"...which is shown only in Canada. After it airs, we-in the rest of the World-will be able to view it on their website for a limited period of 30 days afterwards...

Cheers---Chuk

Date: May 11, 2010 02:44PM

Hey!!

I just got an update from the Discovery Channel folks---the segment they taped here will be shown on Canadian TV four times---tonight at 7pm and 11 pm EDT, and tomorrow at 9am and 12 noon. The segment will be aired on their show "Daily Planet". I'd really appreciate it if someone viewing it could tape it for me...

As soon as I get it, I'll post the link to view it on the web....

Cheers---Chuk

Date: May 12, 2010 05:54PM

Hey Everyone!!

Here's the link to the Discovery Channel Episode about the Land Steam Project.

[watch.discoverychannel.ca]

Cheers--Chuk

Posted by: DFlowers (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2010 12:48PM

very cool Chuck!! Give me a months notice when your going to go to the flats and ill be there to watch you do it.

Posted by: Stanleyguy101 (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2010 11:16AM

That's awesome Chuck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.