SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
7/8-20 rear axle nuts needed
Posted by: beamersteamer (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2010 02:14PM

I am now working on the rear axles of the 1911 Stanley Model 63 that I am restoring. I need to find castle nuts that are 7/8"-20. Any suggestions on where I can get these?
Thanks,
Alex Beamer

Re: 7/8-20 rear axle nuts needed
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2010 02:54PM

"Tacoma Screw" can fill any order. If they don't have it, they will make it. Website: [www.tacomascrew.com]

Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2010 07:24PM

CASTLE nuts,,??What do they hold,,Dont recall any holes for cotters,,,,Ben

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2010 08:34PM

Dear Ben, Alex needs castle nuts to retain his wheel hubs on his rear axle shafts. Apparently Alex has that size of thread on the ends of his axle shafts for his 1911 Stanley model 63. He needs castle nuts which use cotter pins to keep the nuts from loosening on the axle shafts. I would think that most any good automotive parts house should have the 7/8"-20 tpi castle nuts on their shelves. Wouldn't you think so too?

Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2010 09:34PM

OOOps,,,hot day here,,93f at the moment,,520pm,,Was thinking of engine rods/cap/cover hardware,,sorry,,,,Today was fun trying to find 1/4 x 28tpi allen cap screws,,plenty of course thread ,,5 tries no luck on fine thread,,,,Back to Stanley,,,good parts house should do it,,,but go for one that has truck/farm stuff too,,Does anyone do business w/ Eddie Goodman co,,,or Central Tractor,,,Both had catalogues and were good to do business with,,,had parts for '25 Farmall and 10-20 McCormack,,real people,,,some used stuff too,,,same day shipping in hay season,,,aaahh,,,Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.