SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pictures from old steam tours
Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2011 11:30PM

Is there anyone out there who was on the 1977 Eastern Steam Tour in Strasburg, PA, the 1978 Eastern Steam Tour in St. Thomas, PA, or the 1985 International Steam Tour in Rock Island, Quebec? Did you take any pictures of the cars? My car was on those three tours, owned by Foster Blickenstaff in '77 and '78, and then Ed Gallant in '85. I'm trying to find photos of the car from that time period if possible. Attached are what it looked like in '77 and '78.

Any other photos from the time Gallant owned it, or the previous owner, Joseph D. Tindall of St. Petersburg, FL, would also be very much appreciated.

(A history of this car is here - [www.stanleyregister.net] .)

Thanks,

Kelly

Attachments: 1977.jpg (91.6KB)   1978_1.jpg (120.9KB)  
Re: Pictures from old steam tours
Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2011 12:25AM

Kelly
I have two photos of the car.
One I took in Coburn barn, the other I can’t remember where I got it.

Rolly

Attachments: Coburn barn.JPG (144.8KB)   Ed Gallant's Stanley.JPG (65.2KB)  
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2011 12:55AM

Excellent write-up on your website about your Stanley's history. More owners should take the time to keep a written history of their vintage cars. As we age, we eventually forget many of the important historical facts about our cars. Even more history about our cars is lost after we die. Your Stanley is very attractive and although it may not be not totally historically correct, it can give any owner, years and years of pleasurable steaming. (I am very envious of your 50 gallon water tank.) I have found that although a newly assembled Stanley may not have any providence, by keeping good records of its maintenance, its use, and of its owners, the car soon develops its own providence. Your Stanley is one of those special cars with providence. The names associated with your Stanley's history, makes it just that much more special.

Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2011 09:37AM

I think this is another photo of the car. It was in the same folder and the 2x4 under the rear wheels are in the same position as the other photo I posted.

Rolly

Attachments: Gallant's Stanley.JPG (56.3KB)  
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: June 22, 2011 02:13PM

Rolly,,,the pic with the storage container in back is same area near the rear end shot,,,,and I recognize my old boots,,haha,,Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.