SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Virtual Steam Car Museum
Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: September 12, 2011 12:03PM

Dear Friends:

Just a note to tell you that the Virtual Steam Car Museum is under reconstruction. I originally created it using the now ancient and unsupported Microsoft Front Page.

Last spring I took a web design course and redesigned the Virtual Steam Car Museum web site. It is still under construction because each image and each page and each word need to be redone. No, you cannot copy and paste, you have to rebuild.

However, the Locomobile pages are up as is the Toledo page and a host of other smaller makers.

I spent the summer working on the Stewart Archive. H. H. "Steam" Stewart was the New Zealand steam car dealer who traveled around the world several times. He was in the Stanley Factory when the 1925 SV car was being designed, visited the Delling factory, and hosted Abner Doble in New Zealand during Doble's bus experiments there. John Stewart, from whom we acquired the archive, is H.H. Stewart's son and we are working with him on identifying things.

The Stanley and White pages are not done yet, but there is a lot of interesting material.

This summer Carolyn and I visited the Coffin Steam Car in a little museum here in Texas and took a lot of photographs. They'll be up on the Coffin page eventually.

We are waiting for the IRS to give us our 501 (c) (3) paperwork. We've been fussing with them for 13 months now.

Thanks for looking!

Best wishes!

Don and Carolyn

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.