SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Seeking old Sprague Registers
Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: January 01, 2012 08:52PM

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm looking for a copy of the older Sprague Registers, the 1978 and 1985 versions. The 1991 version has provided a lot of input for my work on the Stanley Register, [www.StanleyRegister.net] . But some of my best discoveries and connections have been made from earlier publications, and I think there could be some great tidbits to be found in the older ones.

I'll be happy to borrow or buy copies, or reimburse you for your work in photocopying them if that would work. You could send me a private message here on the forum or use the contact links on the website.

Thanks,

Kelly Williams
Mount Joy, PA

Re: Seeking old Sprague Registers
Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2012 03:23AM

Dear Kelly: I have a 1957 Roster of Steam Car Owners and Ehthusiasts put together by Robert Ostwald.

It lists names, street addresses, and city & state, but no information on what these folks owned.

If it would be of help, I'll put it up on www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org. Yes, we are still working on it and still improving it. Now I know why web page designers get paid so much.

Thanks again for a phenomenal job with the Stanley Steam Car Registry.

Don Hoke

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Re: Seeking old Sprague Registers
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2012 02:30PM

Don't forget the invite list for the 1955 Lakeville meet,,
Tom Marshall can put light on thhis perhaps,,,Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.