SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
H5 Build
Posted by: laheyth (IP Logged)
Date: August 09, 2012 05:01PM

HI, I am to the point I wish to start a steam car.
I like the H5. I have a line on a 20hp engine, and will build the car around it.
Starting from the ground up, will need the axle castings, and wheel spindles .
Does anyone know who might have these patterns?

I'll cetainly need many questions answered as I proceed, expect this is a 3-5 yr project.
I am planning on coming to the auction Sept 8, and hope to snag a few parts, and meet some folks.
If you have any parts that would fit the H5, Let me know.
Tom

Re: H5 Build
Posted by: allen (IP Logged)
Date: August 15, 2012 10:51PM

We have built 5 h5 bodies and have almost all the parts already made to complete the project. Allen Blazick 510-861-7653

Re: H5 Build
Posted by: laheyth (IP Logged)
Date: October 06, 2012 12:55AM

I want to thank Allen Blazick for his incredible assistance to a newcomer, and lining me up with an almost complete H5 project car (parts and body).

FYI, ...He also has a similar model R project car available.

My first order of business is to order rims,and wheels,considering the leadtime. I have heard the Amish make good wheels and have done so for other car owners, and I would like to hear any feedback on this subject. Calimers is certainly the gold standard, but I want to investigate all options.
Thinking Stanweld type rims,with removable rings ...just need to decide wheel size before ordering.I am sorta thinking the 34x 4 tire would be a good fit, and would like to hear comment....that would be a 26 inch rim. Coker offers 27 inch rims as well, but I am not seeing tires that will fit
Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.