SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
prescott burner
Posted by: ron parola (IP Logged)
Date: August 25, 2012 06:01PM

So, I'm working on an 02 prescott with a scorched boiler (who'da thunk it), and also it has burner issues. Does anyone have any info on "National Kerosene Burner" burners? Specifically I'm curious on the pilot light system. There is a pilot circuit between the two main fuel vapourizers with a knob to twiddle on the out side of the burner, it doesn't appear to be a valve, it may be a cleaner. The fuel pipe goes half way through the burner and disappears into a insulated "bump" at the opposite end of the burner. At the bottom of the burner is a hole with a screen about 3 inches around with a small pipe (1/4 in ish) going up through the screen with a 90 degreen bend with the pipe continuing to the edge of the burner pan; a lighting system? Seems to be a combination of a Stanley and Lane burner. So before I pull this thing apart any info or thoughts would be appreciated Thanks Ron Parola

Re: prescott burner
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2012 12:05AM

The National was the invention of John Leach,,who was connected to Jud Thompson,,
and the company name was National,,there were address in several Middlesex county towns,the sheet metal and punch press shop were in Waltham
The burner had an alcohol torch for starting,,Give me a ring at leasure,,207-793-2800
Cheers,,Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.