SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
1955 Lakeville photos
Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: September 15, 2012 05:05PM

I have acquired the negatives of the photos taken by Arthur Schuh at this meet. 75 of them were used for the print set that was made available at the time, but there are 56 additional negatives. If anyone is interested in a car or person that was at this meet, let me know and I'll see if there's anything new.

Images of the printed set are at [www.stanleyregister.net] .

Kelly

Re: 1955 Lakeville photos
Posted by: EBG (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2012 12:33AM

Hi Kelly,
Any more photos of 18170?
Thanks,
Eric

Date: September 26, 2012 01:24AM

There were 32 cars registered for the meet, and it appears that 23 showed up - that's how many are in the photo collection. Schuh took multiple shots of almost all of them - but not yours! It doesn't even appear in any of the unpublished group shots. The negatives are pretty small, about 2x2, and my scanner with a piece of white paper seems to do an indifferent job of getting the images. Attached is 18170, maybe this is no better than what you already have. It looks like it may be carrying the paint job that it has now.

I'm going to check into the cost of professional hi-res scans and/or large prints. Notes on the envelopes indicate that 8x10's were made back in the day - hard to see how they could have been very nice with such small negatives.

Kelly

Attachments: 18170_1955Lakeville.jpg (113.8KB)  
Date: October 17, 2012 11:47PM

To follow up, the hi-res scans produce beautiful 8x10 prints. I'll have them in my archive if there is any interest.

Kelly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.