SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Peter Barrett
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: December 06, 2005 05:49PM

<HTML>Bob Noble wrote: I just got word that Pete Barrett died in his sleep on Saturday night. Will write more later.</HTML>

Re: Peter Barrett
Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: December 06, 2005 07:05PM

<HTML>Thanks for the heads up I'll pass the sad news on to his friends here in New Zealand. We have enjoyed his contributions over the years to our local steam magazine and meeting him when he visited.
Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2005 12:25AM

<HTML>I had missed meeting him at the meet this summer, had hoped to but he couldn't make it. Would like to send a card or something. If you could find out what's appropriate and an address would apreciate it.

Sorry News

Bill G.</HTML>

Posted by: Andy Patterson (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2005 12:31AM

<HTML>Hi Bill you can find Peters address in old Steam Automobile Bulletins under the officers. Look in the 90"s I know he was an officer in 94 or 95.</HTML>

Posted by: Graeme Vagg (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2005 01:21AM

<HTML>I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I corresponded with Peter for many years from the mid 1960s and exchanged ideas on steam car development. We built the PS77 engines together when I lived in the USA for 2 1/2 years. He made a persistant effort with his steam work and probably built more modern steam engines than anyone else in recent years. He will be missed.

His address is shown in the current issue of the SACA Bulletin on page 3.

Graeme</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.