SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Steam Car Club of Great Britain
Posted by: Pat Farrell (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2002 03:00AM

<HTML>The Steam Car Club of Great Britain has a informative web site I have been told. I have been trying to view their web site but I can not get past the "Namesecure" page. What else do I have to do?</HTML>

Re: Steam Car Club of Great Britain
Posted by: Peter Brow (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2002 06:37AM

<HTML>Hi Pat,

Well, you got further than I did. I just clicked on the link at my links page, and got a (WebTV) error message: "The publisher of that page did not respond to your request for information". What's up with that?

Peter</HTML>

Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2002 07:24AM

<HTML>[www.steamcargb.freeserve.co.uk]
used to be the URL
Now it should be www.steamcar.com but it has not been updated in 18 months as it was recently still resolutely proclaimed Issue 10 will be out soon.
I have just received issue 16 July 2002. So I'm afraid you have to subscribe to get the latest. It is an absolute must have, A5 magazine 48 pages colour plates, advertisements and lots of information.
Nice people to as my sister in law in England was persuaded to buy a complete set of back issues for me by Bob Dyke the magazine editor, when she encountered a steam car tour.

Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Posted by: Doug Cooper (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2002 08:14PM

<HTML>How much is the subscription to the Club?, Brief details of the Club would be appreciated too. Thank you, Doug Cooper</HTML>

Posted by: ronald parola (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2002 11:33PM

<HTML>Dues are 20 pounds, no Euros for the UK. The last one had 45 pages, but it is a smaller format; about 6X8. Usually very good articles and good fotos. . Sec Treasurer; Diana Goddard steamcarGB@aol.com she can sign you up. If you can wait and send me an address I can forward the next one to you, after of course, I've read it cover to cover twice, actually it turns out I still have #16 July 2002, I can send it if you wish . Cheers Ron Parola</HTML>

Posted by: David K. Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2002 10:21AM

<HTML>Diana Goddard told me via E-mail that their web page is down, they hope to reinstall it soon. The Goddards maintain a bank account in the US for their convenience on steam car tours here. Thus, you can pay by cheque for your subscription to their account; $30. Diana will give details on request.</HTML>

Posted by: Peter Brow (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2002 01:58AM

<HTML>Mark: thanks for the current URL. I have updated this at my links page, and added steamcar.com for when that address is ready.

Dick: Very Fine is exactly how I would describe The Steam Car. Capital V, capital F. It always makes my day when the latest issue arrives.

I will add my vote: membership in the Steam Car Club of Great Britain is highly recommended! The delightful and informative magazine is a "must-read" item for any steam car fan. Not only "must-read" articles, but lots of beautiful "must-see" color photos.

Peter</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.