SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Rusmore generator
Posted by: Jeff Brown (IP Logged)
Date: August 25, 2014 02:27PM

Does anyone have a running board mounted rectangular Rushmore gas generator that they could either loan me to take dimensions off, or that they could take dimensions off for me. The originals, if you are lucky enough to find one are very expensive and the reproductions are even more so. So I'm thinking it would be a fun project to make my own reproduction and doing some rough pricing on lost wax castings it looks like the price would be reasonable.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Re: Rusmore generator
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: August 25, 2014 03:02PM

All of the vintage photographs that I have seen of the model R, the round Rushmore running board mounted generators had been mounted. Headlights were a dealer accessory for the model R as well as the carbide generators. The square carbide generator was usually found on the earlier cars than 1909. Anything used that is of that period is still correct. See the attachment.

Attachments: 1909 Stanley model R, Geo. Haynes.jpg (56.1KB)  
Posted by: Jeff Brown (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 01:56AM

I didn't know Rushmore made round generators, I've only seen old advert for the square ones. I was going by the 1908 Stanley catalog that advertised Rushmore square generators on their sundries page. As they were an accessory I guess any generator could be used.

Jeff

Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: November 17, 2014 07:38PM

SSssstreamer is right most were round even if you put on a model T Ford....
You can look at Ebay and see that as well...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.