SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Combine cycle ....possibly Kalina
Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: November 17, 2014 05:46PM

You watch automotive fool like BWM fail at combined cycle and seem to have a zeal hybrid,mostly gasoline/electric.
I wondering why some of the REAL steamers haven't look at the one of a kind antique prices,etc.
And switched to hot rodding with combined cycle done right using what we know about steam.....maybe even kalina cycle to come closer to the operating temperatures of your mercedes 240D or whatever the donor car is.Maybe build something that will teach the auto industry a thing or too about steam.
I think Cyclone is doing that on pure steam vehicles,but for the poor boys in the
pack we could work on something with the gas buggies out there to make them better than the best that the auto industry can offer.

Re: Combine cycle ....possibly Kalina
Date: November 17, 2014 06:27PM

We have had the customers drive the industry into something that they would not have considered before.Like folks that started performance parts,custom vans,custom motorcyles,custom boats,etc.
Cyclone could do that with crate engines that will compete with performace crater engines,etc.
You saw that happen over the years with Banks on the diesel kits,Hooker on the headers,Vinage air on airconditioners for vehicles never built with airconditioners,etc.

Re: Combine cycle ....possibly Kalina
Date: November 17, 2014 06:56PM

In the same vain we rally around Cyclone even on the trucker engines, use that Markv or whatever it is called in that 36 foot RV...
Right now Cat and Cummin diesel are geared for about 11 miles per gallon on 250hp engine which is about double the 7 that I got with Peterbuilt(mechanics nurse truck with folding helopad and entire feild maintenance bay in the main bed under the landing pad).And the numbers on motor is about $25,000 and $15,000 for the transmission.With the new EPA guide lines that same motor jumped to $50,000.Cat has dropped road engines because of that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.