SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
baffel plates
Posted by: burners (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2002 02:44AM

<HTML> I have aquired a Stanley drilled burner grate. Art hart is now offering Stanley Burner grate pans. I know in the original they had like the baker burner a baffle plate. Does anyone know what one looks like? Also on the Ottoway Burner the baffeling is done in the venturi tube it's self. Will/would this work with a Stanley grate?</HTML>

Re: baffel plates
Posted by: David K. Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2002 11:16AM

<HTML>The Stanley burners had a baffle plate above the mixing tubes forcing the mixture to go to the front of the burner. This plate was somewhat less than half the width of the burner. It is very important to have the baffle tight against the back wall near the end of the mixing tubes. If it is not tight, the mixture comes up through the back of the burner first, resulting in a loud explosion when it reaches the pilot light, often blowing out the pilot in the process! I have a smaal sketch of the plate as originally fitted at the Stanley works, copied from a drawing in the collection of Joh Stewart of Auckland, N. Z., the son of the Stanley dealer in N. Z. If you send me your E-mail address, I can send a JPEG file of it.</HTML>

Re: baffel plates
Posted by: Howard Randall (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2002 01:14PM

<HTML>David, can I have a copy too?

Thanks,
Howard</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.