SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Besler STOL steam powerplant report
Posted by: Marc de Piolenc (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2002 12:56AM

<HTML>Gentlemen:

I've posted a .pdf version of Besler's final report on their 1954-58 light steam powerplant work for a Navy STOL aircraft project to the Files section of the heatengines group on Yahoogroups. I don't usually participate in Web-based forums for lack of bandwidth in my outpost of civilization, but thought that you folk might want to know.

Marc de Piolenc
Iligan, Philippines</HTML>

Re: Besler STOL steam powerplant report
Posted by: C Benson (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2002 11:18AM

<HTML>Hi Marc,,,I am so happy you have found our[John's] site and to have another enthauast from afar,,,This reassures me again of the people enjoying this ,,,but that we NEVER hear from,,, Again ,, welcome,,,Cheers Ben</HTML>

Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2002 11:30AM

<HTML>Marc,
Thanks for the info on the Yahoo site. It is a very good report and gives much insight on the Doble "F" engine and changing valve timing with resulting horsepower curves. Thankfully I have a copy given to me by another poster on this website. Welcome to stanleysteamers.com!
George</HTML>

Posted by: Jim Crank (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2002 03:11PM

<HTML>Marc,
Would you please inclose the exact e-mail address to get this report.
The last time I joined the Yahoo site, within one week my computer was jammed with garbage mail. I refuse to join Yahoo again and I would certainly like to read this report.
Thanks
Jim Crank</HTML>

Posted by: David K Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: November 30, 2002 12:43PM

<HTML>I second Jim Crank's request.</HTML>

Posted by: Garry Hunsaker (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2002 05:35PM

<HTML>Jim

When you join a Yahoo group, make sure you ceck the box listed 'no mail, I'll read it on the site.'
Just a hint to save endless e-mails.
Garry</HTML>

Posted by: David K Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: January 01, 2003 05:06PM

<HTML>Thanks to help from a friend with a high speed connection, I have downloaded both papers Marc posted; both the proposal and the final report, altogether about 9 megaBytes. Very interesting reading.
I particularly noted the comment about being unable to achieve the expected efficiency because the post war cylinder oils could not take the temperature that depression era oils could! Going by the published oil specs. I have seen, current oils are even worse.</HTML>

Posted by: chris Gotmalm (IP Logged)
Date: October 26, 2003 10:05PM

<HTML>Hi George I sent another message re distiller/desalination need to have your email adr please fwd Chris</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.