SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Steam Three wheeler
Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: December 15, 2002 07:25PM

<HTML>The September 2002 issue of Old Glory (the vintage restoration magazine from the UK) has a picture on page 9 of a nice Morgan 3 wheeler replica with a V twin compound steam engine in place of the normal V twin motor bike engine. It was built by Bill Chorlton of Knutsford Cheshire.

Does anyone have a contact, more details, etc.

Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Re: Steam Three wheeler
Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: December 15, 2002 11:44PM

<HTML>Mark,
Have you tried Mrs. Diana Goddard? She seems to know everybody on that side of the pond. She is the Secretary/Treasurer of "The Steam Car" (The Journal of the Steam Car Club of Great Britan). Find her at: steamcarGB@aol.com</HTML>

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2002 09:53PM

<HTML>Hi Mark,
The vehicle in question is a freelance item which looks a bit like a Morgan.
I have been in touch with the magazine and they have said that it was built by a Mr. W. A. Chorlton who lives at 32 Acacia Avenue, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 0AY. U.K. Tel 01565 651459. the magazine people are going to forward further details, as soon as I get them I will post them here, all the best, Jeff.</HTML>

Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2002 05:21AM

<HTML>Thanks Jeff
Morgan 3 wheelers and vehicles in that style tend to polarise people. I'm in the, definitely like them, to old to give a toss about what others think camp. I'm looking forward to the details.
Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (IP Logged)
Date: January 05, 2003 06:00PM

<HTML>Hi Mark,
I have at last got some more info on the three wheeler,

Built by Mr Bill Chorlton and described as a freelance sportster, fitted with a V-twin compound engine running at 250 psi., it seems it aroused a lot of interest at the Welland event it attended, there is a picture at ......

[steamgazette.com]

Jeff.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.