SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Is Triple expansion best?
Posted by: Patrick (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2003 08:49PM

<HTML>if you have a boiler that's capable of running up to 1000 psi, is the triple expansion engine the best for high power/speed output.</HTML>

Re: Is Triple expansion best?
Posted by: Tom Ward (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2003 01:07AM

<HTML>If you only care about speed at the expense of fuel and water rates then use a simple turbine. The triple expansion is better for relatively light loads on large heavy engines such as used in old ships. Pistons and turbines are only minor parts of a steam powerplant. Most of the weight and space is in the boiler and condensor. What is 'best' is found by answering questions concerning how you want to use the car for.
Do you want to cruise the interstate for hours on end or do you want to win drag races? Is this a luxury babe magnet or a workhorse?</HTML>

Date: January 31, 2003 03:26AM

<HTML>so a turbine would be best for high end speed, its not gunna hull anything other than itself</HTML>

Date: January 31, 2003 03:42AM

<HTML>with that kind of pressure how many stages do you think it can handle</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: February 01, 2003 02:28AM

<HTML>OK Tom I'm interested.
Lets talk about the requirements for the Luxury Babe Magnet!
Maybe we should start a new thread.
I can hardly wait to get my steam up!
How much will it cost? etc. Where can I get one? What kind of babes will it get? Do I have to share?

Sincerely
R.B. Vennerbeck</HTML>

Posted by: Tom Ward (IP Logged)
Date: February 02, 2003 12:04PM

<HTML>My wife wants a replica of Nora Desmond's car from the movie 'Sunset Boulevard'.</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: February 03, 2003 01:39AM

<HTML>Tom,
I have not yet seen Nora's car from "Sunset Boulevard", but I seems you have a really wonderful "Steam Babe" already! My compliments and congratulations.....you see I have one too! (but she won't do brass!)

Dick</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.