SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
LOCOMOBILE STEAM ENGINE
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY (IP Logged)
Date: August 18, 2003 04:10PM

<HTML>EBAY AUCTION LINK: [cgi.ebay.com];

Re: LOCOMOBILE STEAM ENGINE
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2003 12:51PM

<HTML>The Locomobile engine sold for $936 and the reserve was met. There were 10 bids placed, It was a very good buy.</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2003 01:36PM

<HTML>I was cheap. I only bid $501. It was a good buy, I think, one of the later engines with the longer, reinforced cylinders.</HTML>

Posted by: Thomas Holzinger (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2003 03:11PM

<HTML>I have a loco steam engine with the iron frame not brass. I have run it on compressed air forward and reverse just to check it's opperation not for prolonged time. This has the small brass water injector pump mounted on it also I beleave I have the oil injector for this since it lists the oil level and is brass and the fittings are like those on the engine. I would like to know how to build a boiler and if it could be fired with a salamander heater burner. I would someday like to build an early 2 seater loco, or sell this unit to someone who has some of the other stuff to to finish a restoration. I've found no one around me who has one to look at to help. Tom</HTML>

Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2003 03:17AM

<HTML>You might be in luck.....
Look at the Locomobile replicate threads......a British Company is working on building kits and maybe if you ask them individual parts.Near enorgh to
original that Stanley Museum has made arrangements for plagues on these
cars to earmark them from the original Locomobiles.
So,you might start by asking about a print for the kit car.</HTML>

Posted by: David K. Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: November 16, 2003 11:46AM

<HTML>Thomas, I suggest you check out the literature available from the Steam Automobile Club of America Stores, which can be accessed through the SACA web site <www.steamautomobile.com></HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.