SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Brooks Oregon tour 7/31 & 8/1
Posted by: Eric Gleason (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2004 10:48PM

<HTML>Hi,
Just thought I would post some info on the NW Chapter of the SACA's planned mini tour at the annual Steam-Up at Brooks, Oregon. The Steam-Up is held every year at the ground of Antique Powerland ( [www.antiquepowerland.com] ). This year it is to be held on the weekend of July 31 and August 1st and also the following weekend. On the first weekend we are planning to have a short tour on Saturday afternoon, and if there is interest an additional short tour on Sunday morning.
The Steam-Up is quite an event, 10-20 traction engines are fired-up as are some fire pumpers, a saw mill, a steam railroad crane and several stationary engines. One of the popular displays last year was a steam powered ice cream maker! Also hundreds of tractors and stationary gas engines and various and assorted mechanical displays and a swap meet.
It is always a fun and interesting weekend and this year will hopefully be even more interesting. To date we are planning on at least 5 to 6 cars coming, but the more the merryier! For more info I can be called at (541) 296-1802 or, I can post answers here as well. Thanks, Eric</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.