SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pressure Transducers
Posted by: Peter heid (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2004 09:46PM

<HTML>Right now on Ebay there are pressure transducers for sale at a reasonable price and of exceptional quality. They are available from 750 to 2500 psi with 3/8 flare fittings, with ss bodies and some even have gold contact pins. I bought 8 of them for less than 20 bux each after shipping. It is a dutch auction and it has been going for a while so there must be quite a few available. They use 28 volt supply and output a dc voltage proportional to the pressure and the specs come with them. For those of you wanting to eliminate those mechanical pressure switches with precision electronic controls, here is a good place to start.

[cgi.ebay.com]

Check out his other auctions for other pressures.

Peter Heid</HTML>

Re: Pressure Transducers
Posted by: chuk williams (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2004 12:36AM

<HTML>Peter-

I just took your suggestion and ordered a few--I
hope you can enlighten me on how to hook them up!!

Cheers---Chuk</HTML>

Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2004 11:42AM

<HTML>Back in the late seventies a bunch of steamboater use to get together at the late Cedrick Witham's shop. A man by the name of Leon brought a Stuart 6A compound he built and had fitted with pressure transducers on each end of the cylinders and he had made a linier resister for the crosshead slides. We connected it to Cedrick’s boiler and watched the pressure diagrams on an oscilloscope. You could change the valve setting and watch the difference on the scope.
Rolly</HTML>

Posted by: Peter Heid (IP Logged)
Date: November 01, 2004 08:41PM

<HTML>These do have a limited temperature range, most steam temperatures will be too hot. A hook up like a gauge is needed.

Peter Heid</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.