SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
steam compressor
Posted by: Joshua Bruce (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2004 03:14PM

<HTML>I frequently read this forum because of my interest in steam cars. However, I am needing a steam compressor for a project at work. Ideally, I am need a steam compressor that can take inlet steam at 1 ATM and 140C and compress it to 4 ATM at a flow rate of 1CFM at 70% efficiency. The flow rate could be as high as 100 CFM. Please let me know if such a low flow rate compressor can be bought, modified, or custom fabricated. Thanks,

Joshua Bruce
405-530-7495</HTML>

Re: steam compressor
Posted by: Ben in Maine (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2004 08:40PM

<HTML>Hi,The first name that comes to mind is JOY presently or formerly of Clairemont , New Hampshire,,,,They built a new foundry when the OSHA regs nearly killed em,,,They had a wide range of commercal industrial equipment..Good luck,,,The days of finding a 3 cyl 8ft tall compressor in the junkyard seem to be gone,,I bought a 4000# miller for .02 cents a pound back in 1969,,,Love it,,Cheers Ben</HTML>

Posted by: David Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2004 12:44PM

<HTML>A two stage Roots blower could probably do this well, if you made sure the shaft seals could take the higher temperatures.</HTML>

Posted by: Garry Hunsaker (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2004 05:10PM

<HTML>[www.spilling.de]

I am not certain of their efficiencies, but Spilling does sell steam compressors.
Garry</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.