SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
<b>Phorum update [& a Merry Christmas]</b>
Posted by: JW (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2004 05:54AM

<HTML>Phorum needs some work and is due for an update of software.

I will try to do this in January.

Merry Christmas!

JW

</HTML>

Re: Phorum update [&amp; a Merry Christmas]
Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2004 11:41AM

<HTML>John,
Thank you very much for all the hard work you incure to give us such a wonderful steam website and phorum, may we never take it for granted!
The best of holidays and your move,
Best, George</HTML>

Posted by: Garry Hunsaker (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2004 04:05PM

<HTML>The Season’s Blessings be with you John.
The Stanley Steamer web sight is one of the best things on the net.
I have far too much fun, gain far more insights, and come away with far too many ideas for one life time.
Garry</HTML>

Posted by: Ben in Maine (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2004 06:19PM

<HTML> 3 Cheers for John,,,the fun and joy you bring to us here is certainly great,,and the odd subjects also jog an old brain to recall stuff I haden't thought of for years,,,The funny ca'hunk of the Dudgeon exhaust,,its not like other steam exhaust,,,The way Freds eyes lit up when I asked about the racers LACK of acceleration w/ the tall gearing, knew I had hit a nerve on that one,,The sharpness of his eyes said I should NOT put this answer where it would get lost,,,and Jim Orr telling of the Napier that they were preparing for Daytona,,but couldnt modify fast enough to set records [ it was a atmospheric intake, slow speed engine, 796 cid ]] It belonged to the Wentworth Instatute family in Lynn,,,This was the old Gordon Bennett racer,,a year or so before Locomobile ran the monster,,,,Thanks JOHN,,,it's been a real fun year,,and thanks to all those who have contributed to the discussions,,from all points of view,,,Thats whats makes this food for thought and provokes more interesting views,,,Hopefully the newbies will do their homework , but in the meantime,, try subtle , [please ]{ ? ] comments to point the way,,Afterall what we have here is a most unusual crossection of 2 or 3 hobbies / and engineering all mingled in a VERRY informal setting,, 3 Cheers again,,,to the 5 th power,,,Job well done John,,,We all appreciate it verry much,,,Ben,,, an' Bob Cratchett here in Maine</HTML>

Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2004 09:12PM

<HTML>Coburn,
Just so wonderfully said-- the books you could write from your recall of the golden days of motor racing and your equal knowledge of steam and gas, so few wise old souls around nowdays. May this phorum continue for a loong time with civility and peacefull contributions devoid of insults and negativity, all because one human by the name of John had an idea and thru immense work brought it to fruition for all of us to be part of. Just wonderful that it exists.

Best, George</HTML>

Posted by: Peter Brow (IP Logged)
Date: December 20, 2004 09:31AM

<HTML>Amen Garry, Ben, and George!

Many thanks and happy holidays, John, and likewise to the readers and contributors to the SteamGazette forum. This forum, and this wonderful Stanleysteamers.com website as a whole, are always on my regular reading list. An amazing treasure chest of history, tech info, ideas, brainstorming, steam stories, humor, engaging/thought-provoking opinions, work-provoking critiques, heart-warming encouragement, and all-around steam camaraderie. I wouldn't give it up for all the steam cars in Valhalla! May it continue forever!

Best wishes to all in this holiday season, and a happy and prosperous new year; may all of your steam dreams come true.

Peter
[www.geocities.com];

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: December 25, 2004 08:37AM

<HTML>John,
Karen and I wish you a very Merry Christmas. Thank you! for all the effort you've put into the "Steamers" website. Do you have 600W noncondensing cylinder oil in your blood? I suspect so! Good luck on your new digs!
Dick Vennerbeck
Karen Scholer</HTML>

Posted by: chuk williams (IP Logged)
Date: December 25, 2004 05:45PM

<HTML>JW-

I want to add my .10 to the list of people who really
appreciate your efforts on all our behalves(!?).....of course
there are untold hundreds-thousands out there-around
the world-who deeply appreciate your work--all of us
owe you a great deal for the wealth of information contained
in this forum--and the rest of the website..

So--Happy Holidays!! And good luck with the new
house!!

Cheers---Chuk</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.