SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
1923 Stanley Roadster on eBay
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2005 03:35AM

<HTML>A rare 1923 Roadster is for sale on eBay. Located in Ohio, most of the work in restoring the roadster has just been done. See it at [cgi.ebay.com] If you need to, eBay will finance it for you.</HTML>

Re: 1923 Stanley Roadster on eBay
Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2005 04:10PM

<HTML>Pat,
Thanks for sharing, looks like a very nice roadster---wonder where the bidding will go!

Best, George</HTML>

Posted by: Mike Larson (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2005 10:36AM

<HTML>Hello: I am part of the Educational Foundation offering the Roadster on eBay. Thanks for the kind comment. We think it is a great car. Unfortunately we have run out of steam in the restoration process. There will be a on site viewing in a heated well lighted facility next Saturday the 16th of Jan. from 10-3pm for anyone interested in inspecting it first hand for themselves or another potential bidder. Please read the eBay posting for details. Thanks for taking the time to read this message.

Mike Larson</HTML>

Posted by: Garry Hunsaker (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2005 03:03PM

<HTML>Is it just me, or do many restoration projects get to about this point and run out of steam? With individuals, I have noticed they accomplish the bits they enjoy working on rather rapidly, and the project then ends up languishing for years.
Just curious...
Garry
George, I too wonder just how high this Stanley will go. From what you can see of the photos, the work done to date looks impressive.</HTML>

Posted by: Ben in Maine (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2005 05:26PM

<HTML>Hate to tell ya,,shiny cars sell for more,,,ones that don't run lots less,,Being correct,,?? can go either way,,To me the good workmansip is most important, and often shortcuts are taken,,,and too frequently poor toolmaking ability creeps in as well as bad mod's,, It would be nice to know what they did to the engine valves and bearings,,,,If you like it, buy it,,If then you dont like it ,,put it back on the market w/a new paint job,,Trader Ben</HTML>

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2005 03:56AM

<HTML>The '23 Stanley roadster sold to a California/NH buyer for $40,800. If all of the work is as good as it looks, the buyer got a very good buy. Restoration shop time is expensive.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.