SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Burners
Posted by: Ken Wood (IP Logged)
Date: December 09, 2001 04:02PM

<HTML>Information required on details of burner on Locomobile Steamer.
The burner that I have has been converted to a Gas Pilot but I want to
put it back to original design.
Would appreciate help in obtaining design details and drawings if possible.

Ken Wood</HTML>

Re: Burners
Posted by: coburn benson (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2001 01:27AM

<HTML>What can you tell us about your burner ,,,I assume its not a original [as they didnt have a pilot, but rather hi -lo fire] Ben</HTML>

Posted by: Ken Wood (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2002 09:52PM

<HTML>Ben

Sorry for the delay in replying, been off line for a while. I am a novice when it comes to steam cars. (but learning fast) Regarding the type of my burner, it would appear to be an ‘Ottaway’ but as mentioned earlier the previous owner fitted a gas pilot which I want to replace with something more fitting to the car. I hear and read about the Maxwell Pilot and wonder if this would suit this burner. If so some details on a Maxwell Pilot would be appreciated.

Thanks Ken.</HTML>

Posted by: coburn benson (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2002 10:45PM

<HTML>The Maxwell may/not / be a problem,,ive heard the coleman vaporizer it used ,is no longer in production,,,Will someone bring us up to date??? Whose selling Stanley pilot these days,,,It should fit I think[[[[[[]]] Does your pilot have slots,,,,,maybee you can ad a vaporizer and use gas/petrol in what you have ?? ,,,Cheers Ben</HTML>

Posted by: Howard Randall (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2002 12:14PM

<HTML>Good morning Coburn. Mark Herman in Conn. and John Gould in the U.K both have Pilots. Art Hart (www.vintagesteamproducts.com) may carry John's product. Someone is making and after-market Coleman generator for the Maxwell. A friend bought 50! Not sure haw they work compared to original. I have an Ottaway with Maxwell pilot in the 1910, 10 HP that I have been very happy with -more steam than you can safely use!When on tour, I stop at every old campingor hardware store and ask about the Coleman generators.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.