SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Modelworks Locomobile replica kit
Posted by: simon Cast (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2005 10:57AM

<HTML>Hello All

I would like to invite any of the American guys who have received the first 2 kits of the Modelworks Locomobile kit who read this phorum to be honest in your appraisal of the quality of the components in the kits so far. I know there have been some administration issues delaying release of the kits from American customs but now the kits are arriving on peoples doorsteps I would like to know what the guys think of what we are producing so far from an engineering point of view.

Kind Regards

Simon Cast Modelworks</HTML>

Re: Modelworks Locomobile replica kit
Posted by: Rick Stoeber (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2005 04:22PM

<HTML>It was quite a wait, but I believe it was worth it. I just received Kits 1&2 . and the quality of the parts are top shelf. The welds all appear to be consistant and neat, all the metal parts have a finish cut to them, so there is a minimum of parts prep before fitting. A full parts list with diagrams of the component assembly are clear and straight forward. When the box arrived , you could tell the box was opened and retaped closed, I think this was from US Customs, but they opened some of the parts bags and did not reseal them and there were loose parts, but upon inventory check everything was there. I've already assembled kit 1, I do have a technical question that I've sent off to their tech support and awaiting an answer, Kit 2 I will start on this weekend. I truly believe Model Works is dedicated to producing a high quality replica that the builder will be proud of. Now that the first Kits have arrived and in the Customs data base, the balance of the Kits should become more timely. If you are building a Likamobile I would like to here from you so we can compare notes. E-mail RicksKlassics@aol.com.

Regards

Rick Stoeber</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2005 02:52PM

<HTML>Perhaps then Simon if the parts bags were see through customs would leave them alone. Any idea what they are checking for other than various white powders?

I know, Cuban Cigars.

Best of success with the Likamobile -----Bill G.</HTML>

Date: July 09, 2005 04:41PM

<HTML>Bill

I think it is time I came clean about Modelworks, we are in fact the European arm of Al Qaeda and the Likamobile is just a scam to enable us to distribute components for a nuclear device, and all our Likamobile "clients" are in fact highly skilled bomb assembly technicians. US customs have identified us and we have been found out.

Sarcasm is a very English sense of humour by the way.

Simon</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2005 04:11AM

<HTML>Hello Simon, LOL

Well I think it would have been easier to design and build an atomic bomb than this engine, but if it works as well as it looks it might have a greater effect.

Sorry for our customs, Us Customs too, but you know that our president is using all of his cunning and intelligence to try and catch that Al Qwada fella. ---------------------------------------- Any minuite now.

Bill G.</HTML>

Posted by: John Richardson (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2005 09:24AM

<HTML>Simon,
Where can I obtain full details, pictures and price of the Locomobile replica kits. I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Kindest regards

John Richardson</HTML>

Date: August 22, 2005 10:37AM

<HTML>Hi John

If you log onto the Modelworks website at:-

www.modelworks-int.com

Then click onto current range, and onto the spindle seat runabout photograph that will take you to the Likamobile dedicated page.
That will then show you how to get a brochure or even order one if you are interested. You can call Modewlorks direct at 01327 301030 or if you are overseas then call 00 44 1327 301030 and ask to speak to Brad Patton. If you would prefer to talk to me directly with any questions then please call me on my mobile which is 07973 615438 or if you are overseas then please call me on 00 44 7973 615438.

Kind regards

Simon Cast Modelworks</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.