SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley 735 engine for sale
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2005 11:42PM

<HTML>On eBay there is a condensing 20 hp Stanley engine for sale that looks like it might not take much work to use it again. It is located in Florida. On eBay it is found at: [cgi.ebay.com];

Re: Stanley 735 engine for sale
Date: July 16, 2005 11:47PM

<HTML>Excuse me. That is a condensing engine. I get things backwards every now and then. I know the difference. Really I do.</HTML>

Posted by: Erik and Nancy Jenson (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2005 01:02AM

<HTML>Maybe you can help us? We have a 1900 locomobile steam engine that
we would like to sell. It is complete I believe. Erik and his Father did run it.
Erik has had it for 50 years. Where can we find out it's worth? Where could we sell it.</HTML>

Date: July 18, 2005 02:49AM

<HTML>Sell your Locomobile engine on eBay. Clean it up and post plenty of photos. Some of the highest prices paid for Locomobile engines has been on eBay.</HTML>

Posted by: Brian McMorran (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2005 06:24PM

<HTML>There has been two Locomobile engines on ebay recently and neither received a bid.
The cheapest at $1500 required Bidpay and this certainly scared me off bidding because there is no protection for the buyer,and requires multiple payments.
The second at $3000 was just too high a starting bid, and I couldn't get a response about shipping costs.</HTML>

Date: July 28, 2005 02:57PM

<HTML>Chuk bought the engine for $5,226.99 A very fair buy. :-)</HTML>

Posted by: Adam (IP Logged)
Date: July 31, 2005 01:16AM

<HTML>The owner sent me an Email (I live about an hour away) saying the high bidder did not come through. Any reason why? We may go look at it, as it would be a good spare for my 735, or our model Z</HTML>

Date: July 31, 2005 05:32AM

<HTML>Based on recent prices paid for Stanley 20 HP condensing engines, the price bid for this engine was a very reasonable buy if the engine was in good condition. I have no idea why the high bidder did not follow through.</HTML>

Posted by: Alan Woolf (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2005 01:29AM

<HTML>The engine is not a good buy at that price if the valves are shot. I would insist on opening it up and checking the valve faces before paying that kind of money.

Alan</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.