SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
new steam motor
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2005 12:55AM

<HTML>NEW STEAM MOTOR AT THIS WEBSITE. [www.intercooler.fi] MY STEAMLINKS WEBSITE - [free.hostdepartment.com];

Re: new steam motor
Posted by: George (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2005 08:46PM

<HTML>Earl,
Thanks so much for the link, I will have to look at it for a period to try and get a grip on it and if it is possibly better than the Wankel. Sorry I havent called since moving to Florida but its been a busy and enjoyable hectic few months for me since moving 40 miles from you. May all things be well.
The interesting thing about the Wankel that Jim and I worked on is that the two rotor unit that I had on my bench had no more power strokes per rotor revolution than the single rotor unit in steam mode, designing and making a new output shaft to get 12 steam power impulses per revolution than six would be costly to say the least. The three lobe unit would in its standard configuration give 18 power impulses per rotor revolution and allow extremely short cutoff for self starting, that is a admission of more than 20 degrees rotation per rotor revolution(60 degrees output shaft revolution). For steam purposes I look at the 3:1 gear ratio stepup of the out put shaft as a gearbox and have only spent time looking at the engine per rotor revolution. May this new rotary engine not be a fluke like so many have been in the past.
Love Florida, George</HTML>

Re: new steam motor
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: August 02, 2005 02:53AM

<HTML>GEORGE, THE IDEA OF DEVELOPING ROTARY DISPLACEMENT ENGINE THAT OPERATES AT LOW RPM WITH HIGH TORQUE ,PROBABLE HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED. LETS THINK STANLEY STYLE ENGINE 60 RPM'S TO 800. MANY MULTI STAGE TURBINES HAD GOOD STEAM ECONOMY, BUT WHAT GEAR REDUCTION. I HAVE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER AND I'LL GIVE YOU A CALL. MY PHONE NUMBER WITH SPRINT WAS DISCONNECTED. COMCAST NOW IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION AND CALLS ARE WITH VOIP -NET 2 PHONE. REGARDS, EARL</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.