SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Cycclone Magnetic Engine
Posted by: Pete (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2005 12:36AM

<HTML>Has anyone seen this? Very interesting...it's at cycclone.com. (Just make sure you spell it correctly.)</HTML>

Re: Cycclone Magnetic Engine
Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2005 03:27PM

<HTML>
Wow, and just think I've been wasting my time developing an engine that burns fuel economically. All I needed was to throw some of them rare earth magnets and some pixie dust into the boiler and be done with it. LOL

Magnetics just don't work that way. A lot of energy can be stored in a magnetic field but it must collapse to give up that energy. A strong permanent magnet doesn't collapse so the energy stays in the magnet like a spring that won't expand. If a magnetic field does collapse and give up it's energy then it would have to be replenished from an outside source.

So the "magnetic engine" that requires no fuel doesn't work. that's no surprize.

What amazes me, and at this age probably shouldn't, is that these talented financial artists will in all likelyhood gather in quite a few investment dollars for their scam project while more legitimate projects are likely to languish with little or no intrest at all.

It would be interesting to keep track of how they do.

[cycclone.com]

By the way to make sure there is NO confusion, this "Cycclone" engine is in No Way connected to Harry Scholes Cyclone engine which is a 100% legitimate and running working breakthrough.

Best to everyone ------ Bill G.</HTML>

Date: October 12, 2005 01:09AM

<HTML>(Great reply by the way)....if only there was a thin, yet ultradense material that could be slipped between the two magnets at just the rigt time to break the attraction....</HTML>

Date: October 12, 2005 02:05AM

<HTML>Hello Pete,

There is such a material, it's called a superconductor. Unfortunatly the amount of energy it would take to slip it in between the two magnets is the same as it would take to pull them back apart. ( a conductor crossing a magnetic field)

Best ------- Bill G.</HTML>

Date: October 12, 2005 04:51AM

<HTML>Hi Bill,
I've been following this most excellent forum for some time now...and have also been compiling quite a bit of info on steam engines, designs, calcs, materials...etc., and am slowly developing an engine (mostly on paper) as the result.
I would like to bounce a some ideas off of someone (actually you, if that's alright). Do you have an E-mail address or some way (other than this forum) that I could use for correspondance?
Thanks, Pete</HTML>

Posted by: Vidar (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2005 12:42PM

<HTML>Wasn't there an engine developed in the 60's which could make a regular car run around the globe in one gallon of petrol? However, the developements was stopped due to economical issues in the oil industry. It just crossed my mind that I have heard that been explaned by Arthur C. Clarke some time ago.</HTML>

Date: October 12, 2005 02:53PM

<HTML>Sure Pete,

willietheturtle@linuxmail.org

It's a lot of work to put an engine design together, mine is unique and the market should support many other unique engines also. Lots of room as I see it.

Be glad to hear from you. --------- Bill G.</HTML>

Posted by: Tony (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2005 04:02PM

<HTML>Has anyone noticed that the website no longer exists? I got a funny feeling that some bigger energy company got their hands on them. Granted its not free energy, but it takes less energy to make magnets, and a longer time to use that energy. my own calculations showed a slow degaussing rate which poses a threat to conventional energy systems. I have a friend who is currently using one to power his furnace. Its pretty efficient so far. Keep up the good work people. A word of advice, if you develop something...Publish publish publish. The more you put it out there, the less they can do to stop it.

Later,

Tony</HTML>

Posted by: brodan igor (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2005 01:25PM

<HTML>

<a href="mailto:&#112;&#101;&#116;&#101;&#122;&#97;&#98;&#111;&#114;&#115;&#107;&#105;&#64;&#106;&#117;&#110;&#111;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;?subject=Cycclone Magnetic Engine">Pete</a> wrote:
>
> Has anyone seen this? Very interesting...it's at
> cycclone.com. (Just make sure you spell it correctly.)</HTML>

Posted by: Micheal Nugent (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2005 04:03AM

<HTML>Tony,
Came accross your comment after a freind of mine in New York pointed the site out to me. I do not read these sites as a rule. Our site is back up now and will be up dated soon. It was down due to the domain ownership changing hands to the USA parent. Let me assure you that Cycclone Magnetic Engines is not for sale. As you can see by comments in other messages on this page not everyone is a fan and some have great anxiety with accepting other proposed technical developments other than their own, funny about that.

Sincerely
Micheal Nugent</HTML>

Date: November 24, 2005 04:56AM

<HTML>Micheal, what I'm not a fan of is bullshit, show me the physics or a running device. If there is any reality to it then it won't take Prozac to understand.

------------ Bill G.</HTML>

Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2005 06:50PM

<HTML>The web site talks magnetic theory. There is nothing that even hints as to the power output, how it works, even what it does, there are no claims apart from saying it's amazing.
The video shows a 12V truck battery firing a starter motor to spin over the cycclone which is then sped up and down. So what, I can think of a couple of ways to fake this.
If the company is serious it would have been tested by a University or Govt
testing organisation. Stick it on a dyno, get it going, monitor battery amps and volts input and the power out for a decent time say 1 hour.

What really worried me is the part of the site that acts so the shares can be traded. This smells exactly the same as Ricky Maine and his Splitcycle. Nothing after years of promises except 4 flash houses and a million dollar sports car for Mr Maine.

Show us the numbers.

Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.