SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Sprague register ?????
Posted by: Ian Vinton (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2005 09:51PM

<HTML>What is and where do I find any information from Sprague register ???</HTML>

Re: Sprague register ?????
Posted by: Alan Woolf (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2005 02:34AM

<HTML>Ian,
The Sprague Register was originally a list of Locomobile and Stanley steam car put together by Bob Sprague of Williamston, MA in 1978. He was killed in a plane crash sometime after the publication of the first Register. Mark Herman took on the job of updating the Sprague Register in 1985. In the second edition its scope was expanded to include other steam cars including White and Doble.

I have copies of both Registers. Someone gave me a copy of the 1978 version and I bought a 1985 version when it was published. As far as I know there has been no attempt made to update the Register in recent years. Even if you had a copy of the 1985 version it would only be marginally helpful. A lot of cars have changed hands in the 20 years since the it was published. Plus a lot of sweepings and pieces and parts have been assembled into additional cars. Mark Herman would be the best resource for information on the Sprague Register. For all I know he might have some spare copies.

Alan</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.