SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Present Owner of Abner Doble's car
Posted by: Bozi Mohacek (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2006 10:50AM

<HTML>Hi,

We at the Surrey Vintage Vehicle Society (England, www.svvs.org) have an active website with a HELP PAGE where we get a lot enquiries from all over the world requesting assistance with identification of cars. One such question was in connection with identifying a Rolls-looking car in the UK. Further investigation determined that it was in fact Abner Doble’s car photographed while he was working in the UK. Subsequent research has provide a possible in-depth web article on the history of Doble similar to my article on Stanley Steamers and De Dion Busses in the Philippines (http://www.svvs.org/philippines1.shtml & 2 ), where I had assistance from the Stanley Museum. I would very much like to contact the present owner of Abner Doble’s car with a request for a number of current photographs of the car. Does anybody now the email address of the owner?

Regards
Bozi Mohacek
Vehicle Registrar & Webmaster
Surrey Vintage Vehicle Society
England www.svvs.org
Email : vintman@svvs.org</HTML>

Re: Present Owner of Abner Doble's car
Posted by: Arnoud Carp (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2006 02:34PM

<HTML>Hello Bozi,
I visited your site: www.svvs.org, but could not find any links to the Doble information, Can you be more precise in providing the correct link?
Thanks Arnoud Carp</HTML>

Posted by: George (IP Logged)
Date: January 27, 2006 06:13PM

<HTML>Bozi,
The current owner is Stan Lucas in long Beach, California. Abner's car was in England when he worked at Sentinels and he sold the car to a Mr. Harmon Lewis before leaving England. Harmon was a brilliant steam engineer as well and was publisher of "The Boiler House Review" in which several articles were published written by Abner Doble. Mr. Lewis's son, Peter Harmon Lewis lives in England and has a great deal of information on the Doble saga and as a young man remembers egging the "old man" on to open up the Doble to see what the car could do. Peter is a very knowledgable steam man himself.

Best, George</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2006 03:37PM

<HTML>Hi,

The article is only in draft form and not on the site yet as I want to add photos.

Regards

Bozi Mohacek</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2006 03:38PM

<HTML>Hi,

The article is only in draft form and not on the site yet as I want to add photos.

Regards

Bozi Mohacek</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2006 03:42PM

<HTML>Hi,

Many thanks for the wonderfull info. Do you by any chance have contact details for either. I would love to get in touch with them. I would very much like to find out more about Abner's Time in the UK. You can reply direct to Vintman@svvs.org.

Thanks and Regards

Bozi Mohacek</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.