SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
735 back wheels
Posted by: Ian Vinton (IP Logged)
Date: February 17, 2006 12:51PM

<HTML> Anybody ever taken a 735 back wheel apart ?

All I want to do is remove the brake drum from the spokes for cleaning and painting, I have removed the nuts and spring washers but cannot remove the drum, is is pinned anywhere ?

Regards
Ian Vinton</HTML>

Re: 735 back wheels
Posted by: Maurice Kelsey (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2006 12:33AM

<HTML> I can't help you with your back wheels but maybe you or somebody can help me with my back spare tire on my 1919 Model 735. I have a spare tire (34 x 4.5) on my spare but need a rim. The demountablle rim would be a 25" rim. Anybody know where I could find a used rim I appreciate hearing from you.</HTML>

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2006 01:17AM

<HTML>To take the brake drums off of the rear hub, the brake drum bolts are usually peaned over to keep the nuts from backing off. Sounds like your are beyond this point already. The brake drum is centered with a bushing that fits with in the drum, the wheel spokes and the hub. If you can take a driver and drive off the brake drum by reaching through the bolt holts or ? then you shouldn't have any problem. Maybe using a driver on the brake drum between the spokes and alternating from side to side, you can drive the drums off. I have a 1922 735B and I rebuilt all my wheels about 5 years ago. I also did the wheels on our 1916 model 826 more recently and they were assembled differently than the 735 B.</HTML>

Posted by: Ian Vinton (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2006 08:09AM

<HTML>Maurice

I am also short of a spare tyre rim, and I think there are a couple more cars out there in the same pradicament.</HTML>

Posted by: John Waynham (IP Logged)
Date: April 03, 2006 12:46PM

<HTML>I to am in need of a spare Rim for my 1919 735B. Sombody must have some?</HTML>

Posted by: SSsssteaamer (IP Logged)
Date: April 03, 2006 11:07PM

<HTML>Attend the antique car parts swap meets. At Chickasha I seen a couple of 25" Firestone rims for sale at $100 each. Side rings go for about $25 each. I didn't need them so I did't buy them. Your next chance is at the Bakersfield swap mmeet April 20 - 22nd, 06.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.