SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
EX project
Posted by: Gary Hoonsbeen (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2006 08:49PM

<HTML>To all of you who have been a great souce of information and parts for my 1908 EX project: One of my west coast friends learned of my rebuilding (building) a 1908 EX figured he would send his parts to Minneapolis and have me finish his EX at the same time. His cash of parts is a great source of help as I work on my own vehicle. Actually doing two Stanley's at a time is not much of a problem. I have completed the boiler, built a new body (not yet the seat) made patterns, cast, machined and assembled a complete rear axle, Made a new front axle, remove the piston rods and they are now being chrome plated (4 engines, spare?), built a burner pan, refinished two full sets of springs, made one set of wheels (one set came from California) plus a hundred other things.

Using input from a lot of steamer folks I have put together a piping drawing with a full set of notes explaining why it is as it is. Hopefully I can get it drawn and distribute. It represents a lot of new ideas thus departs from the pure Stanley EX in several ways, if there is such a thing as "pure" Stanley.

I have just started to spread out all the engine parts for inspection and assembly as soon as the piston rods are received. The goal is to get the engine and rear axle assembled and tested plus get the bodies painted before this Fall so next winter the cars can be assembled. Completion date is in August of 2007 in time for the New London to New Brighton car run for both cars. This test will preceed returning one of the cars to its home in California.

Still missing a lot of items but the major problems are behind, I think.

Gary Hoonsbeen
Minneapolis MN
763-533-4280</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.