SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
help-buyers guidance?
Posted by: bruce (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2002 10:59PM

<HTML>I'm interested in learning about the makes, models, desirability, value etc of Stanley Steamers as antique/collectable cars. What should I do? what should I read? I live in Central Massachusetts.

Thanks
Bruce</HTML>

Re: help-buyers guidance?
Posted by: Peter Turvey (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2002 09:08PM

<HTML>For details of models etc. consult the Stanley Museum Newsletter, and published articles like the one in Automobile Quarterley Vol XXV No.1.

As to desirability and value......from my limited knowledge, original, coffin-nosed Stanleys are the most desirable, and amongst these the 20 hp and the very few 30hp roadsters seem to lead the field.

Value is such a difficult field I can not give any useful comment, as good orignal cars come up so rarely. It took me 2 1/2 years to find mine (a 1914 10hp 4-seater. model 607).

There not many really original Stanleys around, but a lot made up from odde & ends, angins from vitrually new cars to those built up from collections of orignal parts from several cars.</HTML>

Re: help-buyers guidance?
Posted by: David K Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2002 11:22AM

<HTML>I suggest you get copies of "Hemmings Motor News", a monthly, or "Old Cars Weekly". They are basically advertising media for the antique car market. There are often Stanleys and occaisionally Whites listed for sale.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.