SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Harold Illingworth steam car archive
Posted by: Peter Turvey (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2002 05:59PM

<HTML>The English steam car and boat enthusiast Harold Illingworth seems to have amassed a large archive - but following his death about 20? years ago it mostly seems to have vanished. The strory is that an American enthusiast got it - but where is it now? Any ideas? I am interested because Illingworth knew the Rev. Brown of Ballygally County Antrim, Northern Irealnd, who owned our Stanley Model 607 no. 7644, and in the little of Illingworth's material that is over here, there are a couple of photos of our car.</HTML>

Re: Harold Illingworth steam car archive
Posted by: allen blazick (IP Logged)
Date: March 08, 2003 11:00PM

<HTML>Peter, are the photos in this collectionof English or American bodies and are high quality dups available?" Allen</HTML>

Re: Harold Illingworth steam car archive
Posted by: Brian McMorran (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2008 06:04PM

Dear Peter

A few years late finding this request but may still be of interest.

The bulk of Harold Illingworths books went to the Lakeland Museum. They in turn sold it to a book shop in Manchester. I bought the magazines in 2004 but could not afford the books which were sold on at the Buxton book fare. This was all before I became aware who Harold Illingworth was!

Derrick Mills retained the ballance of the collection not sent to the museum. Probably by now you may have made contact.

Regards
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.