SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Prichard Steam
Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: June 04, 2002 09:05PM

<HTML>Anyone ever heard of Aust. steam car or truck by that name?</HTML>

Re: Prichard Steam
Posted by: Ted Pritchard (IP Logged)
Date: June 05, 2002 04:31AM

<HTML>Hi Arnold,

Well I think I should be able to answer this one! Arnold, Check out my web site [prsteam.inventdata.com.au]

e-mail me with any queries.

Best Wishes to all, Ted Pritchard. [Resides Melbourne, Australia.]</HTML>

Posted by: Sean Meaney (IP Logged)
Date: November 02, 2004 11:11PM

<HTML>Might I suggest that the Revival of the steam car is iminent. The use of microwave cyclotrons might prove a viable alternative to heat a boiler in a steam car than something with a carbon chain.</HTML>

Posted by: vlado (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2004 07:13AM

<HTML>Could you please tell me about the car . i think i may have one steam engine.</HTML>

Posted by: GAZA (IP Logged)
Date: December 21, 2004 05:10AM

<HTML>I recently read about this steam car in a book and infact the Ausi Govt was involved and the project faded out due to ( lack of interest) as per normal.
I was a BMC MOTOR APPRENTICE and I heard about a steam turbine truck but could find little information about it,that was about 30 years ago.
I am interested in the Prichard engine as I think that it could make a return even as stationary engines driving electical generators for power supply.
I think that people are sick of manopoly controls regarding power supply and are looking for alternatives
regards Gaza</HTML>

Posted by: Steven Fennell (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2004 11:08AM

<HTML>
I found some info on page 6 of the RACQ'S magazine "The Road Ahead" Dec 2004/Jan 2005. Please note that the correct spelling is PRITCHARD that might help in any search for info.

Cheers

Steven</HTML>

Posted by: Steven Fennell (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2004 11:12AM

<HTML>I found some info on page 6 of the RACQ'S magazine "The Road Ahead" Dec 2004/Jan 2005. Please note that the correct spelling is PRITCHARD that might help in any search for info.

Cheers

Steven

<a href="mailto:&#112;&#114;&#111;&#116;&#111;&#111;&#108;&#64;&#111;&#112;&#116;&#117;&#115;&#110;&#101;&#116;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;&#46;&#97;&#117;?subject=Re: Prichard Steam">vlado</a> wrote:
>
> Could you please tell me about the car . i think i may
> have one steam engine.</HTML>

Posted by: A I McCaw (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2005 11:24AM

<HTML>I was interested in seeing a Pritchard Steam engine when I went to Victoria in the late sixties after reading about it in Wheels magazine. When I went to the company address in Melbourne, I was disappointed to find that it had closed down. Now I have the internet, I see that it still exists somewhere. I would be interested in seeing any further development that has taken place and if it has been trialled in any more cars locally, if it was successfull and what it would now cost to purchase and install in say a Jeep Cherokee? Yours Tony.31/10/2005.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.