SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Phorum Display
Posted by: Graeme Vagg (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2006 11:01AM

<HTML>My phorum display is only showing a single item that is the most recent post. Normally a full page of the most recent posts is shown. Has anything changed?

Graeme</HTML>

Re: Phorum Display
Posted by: Mike Clark (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2006 06:46PM

<HTML>Mines'the same Graeme

Mike</HTML>

Posted by: Peter Turvey (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2006 07:59PM

<HTML>Ditto</HTML>

Posted by: Graeme Vagg (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2006 09:30PM

<HTML>It is still the same today but if you do a search on a common word like "steam", most recent entries will be found. I'm getting round it that way.

Graeme</HTML>

Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2006 05:15AM

<HTML>I've always wondered why we need two nearly identical forums. Now I know. You can't have too many backups.</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2006 06:30AM

<HTML>I'll give John a call and ask what's happenin! I know he's been busy, with MOJO out on the Delta......you know we're celebrating a seperation from our......mom an dad on the other side of the pond. Hooray the Tea Party!...sorry guys.

Dick,
a dyed in the wool Swamp Yankee from Foster Rhode Island!</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2006 01:48PM

<HTML>Here's what John said in response to my query.

Yup, ....I think we might have a hacker/sabatouer. I will have to call support Monday-

No one posts here anymore anyway - I might just let saca & theobald carry the load - Brit$ are getting all the cars anyway. We get no events info, no tour info, no ads - ...so who cares?

I just wanna go puttin' around

JW

SO ...If you enjoy Johns site and the Phorum, please let him know! I think it is one of the best sites anywhere for our steam hobby and we should let him know!

Dick Vennerbeck</HTML>

Posted by: George (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2006 01:54AM

<HTML>Dick,
I got the same message. We all take for granted what John has put together for us and it costs him money to support the website every month.
Several years ago a few of us took up a collection and sent it to John for a birthday gift to help him support the website. Most people are posting on the SACA site at this time and it is dismaying that we have not kept this site active as it once was. There is a trememdous amount of information that has been posted here over the years---at one time we talked about John making a CD with all the threads and posts so that we could all have a copy of such information.
John is having much fun with his boat and other things and when we don't support his website efforts it would become discouraging to anyone.
George</HTML>

Posted by: JW (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2006 07:58AM

Hi - I think we are running again. I deleted almost 2000 spam posts.
To help prevent another spam invasion, Users will now have to register to post - we'll see how that works.

Sorry for the downtime-

JW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.