SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
oil pumps
Posted by: ron parola (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2007 09:15PM

I'm working on a 1924 Stanley 750 chassis and have an oil pump question. This car has a Detroit Lubricator Model JT pump. The problem is the accuating arm is 3.5 inches short, the arm length is 9.5 in. someone has made an adapter link, bolted to the ball, to run the pump, I'm not talking about the short Stanley link but an additional one. The accuating arm seems to be the same as on my 740 does anyone know if this pump is correct for the car and just it's arm is wrong? Thanks Ron Parola

Re: oil pumps for Model 750s
Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2007 01:21AM

Dear Ron:

Per my recent article in the SACA Bulletin, I have what I believe to be a pretty original Model 750. I just took pictures of the oiler for you. It is, as far as I can tell, the original oiler and it is the same as the oiler on my Model 740 (which is for sale!).

The name plate on both oilers reads as follows:

Madison Kipp Corporation
Madison, Wis. USA
Model F Pat. July 19 1905 Aug 8 1905 July 31 1906 Sept 31 1907 July 1 1913.

The connecting rod on both oilers is 10 3/4" (give or take a bit).

I hope that helps. Let me know if you want more photos.

Best Wishes!

Don Hoke

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Re: oil pumps Model 750 Pictures
Posted by: Don Hoke (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2007 01:29AM

Dear Ron:

Here are a couple of pictures.

Don Hoke

Wanted: Parts for 1924 Stanley Model 750 and 1925 Stanley Model SV 252. We buy steam car parts and literature. Visit the virtual steam car museum at www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org.

For all your steam car needs, visit www.vintagesteamproducts.com.

Attachments: Model 750 Oiler Photos 001 Reduced.JPG (54.5KB)   Model 750 Oiler Photos 004 Reduced.JPG (50.2KB)  
Re: oil pumps
Posted by: ron parola (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2007 09:06PM

Yup, that's what I thunk, the pump's been replaced. Oh well, I'll make a new extension and see what he want's to do with it. Thanks Ron P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.