SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
10 HP needs
Posted by: Gary (IP Logged)
Date: February 10, 2007 01:30AM

Two items: 1) Does anyone have a 10 HP 3 inch piston with the piston rod in place as installed by the factory? If so, please measure the distance from the bottom of the piston to the center hole at the far end of the piston rod. It should be a little over 8 inches, but I need to know exactly as possible.
2) I need a crankshaft from a 10 HP EX or E2 engine. Have some items to trade if you are interested.

Gary

Re: 10 HP needs
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: February 19, 2007 06:28PM

Hi,,Assume you are fitting up the engine assy,,Remember when puting the piston in the center,,,its best to put it a bit to the crank end,,as the piston/rod assy heats faster than the frame rods,,so it "grows" toward the head end,,grin,,This was discussed somewhere,,can't recall,, Re spares,,,it's good to quote a few measurements,as parts on the barn floor have lost the ID tags , eons ago,,luckey if the string is there,, 20 HP stuff is easy,,,its all those rare bits that get confused,,can U spot a F block in the dark, next to a model 60,,,then theres 2 F frames,,,one w/ 6 pitch gear,,the other w/8p gear,,now put the CX block with a EX frame,, looks good at first glance,,,Now that you got through all that,,,go look for a set [copy] of Richard Zimmerman playing COMPLETE WORKS ,, Scott Joplin,,,5 cds + - SET Somehow I find I can type this 1/3 faster,,to the music,,Any ideas? ? ?? ? The accent seems to coordinate w/ valve gear in my head,at 90 deg The setting,,/ Bright sun,1:00 pm ,temp +10 no wind, Great daye, Nothing is frozen,, Spring will " soon,,,Cheers Ben

Re: 10 HP needs
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: February 19, 2007 06:31PM

The + 10 is F ,,,BEN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.