SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hose storage needed on Mt Wagon
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2007 05:44AM

Our 1916 Stanley Mt. Wagon needs a better system for water hose storage. Presently it is wrapped around the spare tire and it is a pain to use at water stops. Please describe a better solution for storing our 50 foot water hose. See attached photo.

Attachments: Mt Wagon Spare tire hose.jpg (117.2KB)  
Re: Hose storage needed on Mt Wagon
Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2007 02:52AM

How about a reel with a rotating joint, like for garden hoses? It would be fun to fabricate one to look period.

Kelly

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2007 08:48AM

Hi Pat,

I have our syphon hose coiled around inside the spare wheel, keeps it neat and easy to release, and as it’s been there some time, its keen to return to the same shape when putting it back.

I also keep my normal hose for water tap filling and a canvas bucket store here, also the most important 12 feet of reinforced ½” hose with adapter to fit to blow down, makes the best fire extinguisher ever in the event of the fire escaping, see attached picture.

Jeff.

Attachments: Hoses.jpg (61.1KB)  
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2007 11:38PM

Dear Jeff, Your hose storage is better than what I am presently doing. You have one less strap to unbuckel and you do not have to remove the spare tire to uncoil the hose. Any better ideas out there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.