SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley pilot pressure gauge on eBay
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: June 01, 2007 04:45AM

I have been watch Stanley pressure gauge prices going up for years. When they were going for a dollar a gauge pound, I though that was terribly high. On eBay, a 100 pound Stanley pilot fuel pressure gauge was just sold for $617.99 It was an earlier gauge that was "Stanley Bros." When are these rising prices going to level off? The gauge is located at [cgi.ebay.com]

Re: Stanley pilot pressure gauge on eBay
Posted by: Marksteamnz (IP Logged)
Date: June 03, 2007 10:04AM

Hmm That's quite a price. I have tried to interest New Zealand and Australian steam car owners in my White and Stanley bits but I can't even get any one to ring me back. Seems a pity to put it on Ebay. Some of the bits are here [www.cncprototyping.co.nz]
There are some more bits, a tank, gauges, valves link rods etc. Supposedly all cannibalized from a Stanley 740 or bought as NOS. There's also a White feed water heater.
Cheers
Mark Stacey

Posted by: Bayside (IP Logged)
Date: June 03, 2007 09:51PM

Just curious,would a 1000# gauge of similar designs and model (Stanley Motorcarriage Co.) be worth more or less than a 100# gauge?
Gary

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: June 04, 2007 02:31AM

Dear Gary, Post a photo here of your gauge and an accurate price can be given. Gauges have been selling for about a $1 a pound. If your gauge has it's pipe thread at 6 o'clock and out the bottom then it is a non condensing gauge and it is worth more. If the pipe thread comes out of the back then it is a condensing gauge and it is worth less. The condition of: nickel plating, silver finish on the face, chips in the gauge glass, and so forth really affect the selling price of the gauge. As in the last gauge that just sold, it had Stanley Bros for a name on it and that is mostly what ran the price up. It was older and it was rare.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.