SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
1919 735B
Posted by: ron parola (IP Logged)
Date: March 03, 2008 04:20PM

can anyone out there tell me the CORRECT location of the generator cut out on the firewall and do the wires go through the wood or come up from the holes in the frame? Also am I wrong in thinking the fuse lives under the dash on the right side?? Thanks Ron Parola

Re: 1919 735B
Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: March 03, 2008 06:17PM

Ron
On my 1920 - 735 the cut out was located behind the dash on the firewall behind the amp meter. The fuse was in the wire also mid way behind the dash. The wire came down the frame on the left side and up to the dash behind the trim panel between the door frame and the firewall.

Rolly

Date: March 05, 2008 02:43AM

Thanks for the info. This car has been COMPLETELY rewired; so trying to put it back to stock. The cut out is mounted high on the outside of the firewall and later style fuses are also stuck up there. We also have two generators one of which has the cutout mounted to it; so confusion ther also. Thanks again Ron Parola

Posted by: Bayside (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2008 06:01PM

Ron
On my 1919 735B, the cut out is mounted near the top of the firewall, facing the boiler, almost inline with the steering post. There is a fuse block with two fuses located next to the cut out. Some of the wires go through the firewall at this point and others are routed down the side, next to where the hood would border. The wiring is enclosed in metallic sealtite or "greenlee" style wiring covering. It is very neat and professionaly looking, but I don't know if this is factory original. The car appears to be original, and doesn't show signs of modifications or misuse.

Gary

Date: March 13, 2008 04:57PM

This car also has the metallic covering but there is also the armored cable INSIDE the outer cover, and it's all taped up with friction tape. There also is a fuse block with two fuses near the cutout also near the condender stay, however all wiring diagrams show only one fuse. It appears the car may have had the outer cover but since it also had armored cable I decided to go with that.Thanks for the input Ron P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.