SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Replica Stanley resources
Posted by: laheyth (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2008 12:29AM

HI,
I hope to focus enough when I retire to build a replica Stanley, say a model R or similar coffin nose.
There has been some talk of Modelworks selling a kit, but I have not seen any chatter in that direction lately.
Previously, there seemed to be an effort to document all the sources of components and parts, such as sheet metal hoods, bodies, engines, boilers, pumps, rims, tires, that would get a guy started....but I do not know where it is located in this forum.
I have looked at SACA and see a few drawings for things, but are there any sources that would sell drawings accurate enough to build chassis, body, etc?
Just a collection of drawings for one model car would be a great start .
I would probably wind up buying an engine and boiler, but draw a blank when it comes to locating all the other parts I would have to come up with.

The vast experience of this forum could/should be pooled so any new builds do not have to re-invent the car all over again.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Replica Stanley resources
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2008 04:05AM

Model Works is presently in bankruptcy court. All of their assets are currently in lockdown. There are plenty of places that will sell you almost anything that you need to build a noncondensing Stanley. The sources change quite rapidly. Nothing is forever. Some of the more prominent Stanley suppliers are Mark Herman, Alan Kelso, and John Goold. Check the front page of this website for links to their websites.

Re: Replica Stanley resources
Posted by: Brad Austin (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2008 05:52PM

I happened to come across this from Robert Wilhelm's site. Hope it helps.

[www.stanleymotorcarriage.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.