SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley model M for auction
Posted by: checknyt (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2008 03:34AM

1908 30 HP touring, model M - is it the only known? Should make for an interesting auction.

Re: Stanley model M for auction
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2008 05:34AM

Allen Blazick has an original Stanley model M. The last time that I had seen it, it was still unrestored and mostly a pile of original M parts all off the same Model M. Hopefully it will get restored someday. Which auction has the Model M up for auction? The Stanley Museum? The Stanley Model M was geared 1 to 1, was 30 HP and it carried 7 people. It probably got down the road very quickly.

Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2008 11:49AM

It appears there is going to be a reduction at the Seal Cove Auto Museum to establish an endowment -

[www.bonhams.com]

The Model M is presumably #3927, pictured on 1908 page of the Stanley Register Online -

[www.stanleyregister.net]

I wonder if this was an Amsley re-creation.

Date: September 28, 2008 05:39AM

Stanley Model M sold for $298,500 inclusive of Buyer's Premium. It was an Amsley recreation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 05:51AM by SSsssteamer.

Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: September 29, 2008 01:53AM

The Butterfield's auction catalog reported the serial # used by this car as 4261. Assuming that they visually inspected it for the purposes of the sale, I have more confidence in this # than in the 3927 reported in the 1991 Sprague Register. I've altered its listing on the online Register, [www.stanleyregister.net] . Perhaps the new owner will be able to confirm the # that it carries.

Posted by: tknapp18853 (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2009 03:33PM

Hi I'm new to the group, just wanted to comment on this thread, My grandfather Joseph L. Knapp was the 2nd owner of the 1908 Model M I spent many hours polishing the brass and nickle on both of his Stanley's(the other a 1914 a model 606 if i'm not mistaken). I was wondering if anyone has any info on the current owner. I have found that It was sold at auction from the Paine Collection in 08 but obviously there is no mention of the buyer, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Travis Knapp

Date: January 07, 2009 04:08PM

The model M went to a California buyer Allen Blazick told me. Bill Harris was to do some work on it to get it up and running again.

Date: January 07, 2009 04:34PM

Thanks Pat, I have 1 more question..Do you or did you have any ties to the Ridgfield Ct.(my family's hometown) area?

Date: January 07, 2009 05:38PM

No, sorry I do have any ties to Ridgfield, Ct.

Date: January 07, 2009 06:23PM

No problem, thank you again, please keep me in mind when any info about the model M comes up.

Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2009 06:29PM

Hi Travis,,Please send me a private message,,link on top of this form,Cheers ,,Ben

Posted by: allen (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2009 05:21AM

My name is Allen Blazick. The M went to John Murkel from LA, and the roadster went to Charlie Johnson in Wellsville, PA.

Date: January 11, 2009 02:08AM

Thanks Allen, hopefully he will display it, my goal is to take my two children to see the car someday. They never met my grandfather, he passed 5 yrs before my first born so I'm hoping to share some of The Knapp history with them.
Thank you to all who helped,
Travis Knapp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.