SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Boiler Discussion Thread/Boilers only-
Posted by: Peter Brow (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2002 07:32AM

<HTML>Hi George,

Yes, I think the finned stuff I have has quite a bit more than 6 fins per inch, probably very draggy as to gas flow (good with higher gas pressure). I figure that with a vaporizing burner it is not a good idea to use less than about 95 sq inches of gas flowpath cross-section per 6 gph, with flue area about 1/4 that, and even that is pushing it. My latest design has about 150 sq inches for 8 gph (like pushing a 23" Stanley to about 5 gph). Hope to get spotless clean burning under all conditions; looking at deep fireboxes and big mixtubes. For me, soot = unacceptable/redesign. Blue flame only. I'll scrap any burner that produces soot (or howls) under any conditions when properly tuned. Hope my junkpile doesn't end up too tall!

Peter</HTML>

Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2002 04:18PM

<HTML>Peter,
Your 6GPH design parameters sound good to me, 6GPH and 95 sq.in. of gas pass area gives a gas mass flow of about 1000 and with a crossflow boiler should do well. The mass flow could be increased a few times in the cooler economiser section. 6 fins per inch is very safe as it allows about 1/8th inch distance between the fins, you could always go to 4 or 8, for those like ourselves its what we find cheap that is near the ideal is what we will use/afford. Than at least our "junkpiles" havent cost us a whole lot!!
By the way this thread is getting endangered of being slid to an "older messages" page so if you don't see it on the first page go to the second and we can continue.
Good luck, George</HTML>

Date: August 28, 2002 05:00AM

<HTML>Hi George,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The proof is in the running. One boiler idea I am looking at would be incredibly cheap, but needs small-scale fabrication/run tests before it is "ready for prime time" in the discussion forum. Currently just a wild idea.

This boiler string has really broken the forum record in length! Maybe "Boiler Discussion Thread Part Two" is in order, so that current discussions don't end up several pages back.

Peter</HTML>

Re: Boiler Stuff Only-
Posted by: Peter Heid (IP Logged)
Date: August 28, 2002 08:22PM

<HTML>The concept of the Bonecourt boiler, pulse combustion and fireside condensation has had me out researching a bit. I am looking at a factory bulletin for Fulton Pule Combustion Boilers dated 10/04/93 discussing the exhaust vent materials. It states "Fulton has selected Saf-t vent because it features an advanced bonded metal design with an inner liner wall of AL29-4C, which is the only metallic material tested to the corrosion resistance requirements of UL1738. This alloy is a super ferritic stainless steel material designed for extreame resistance to flue gas condensate, chloride ion pitting, crevice corrosion and chloride stress corrosion cracking." Fulton claims 96 % efficiency when run in the condensing mode where the exhaust gas temperatures might be below 125 degrees F.. It sounds like they have pulse combustion well figured out at 32Hz and a free air noise level of 70dba running on natural gas. Has anyone had any experience with AL29-4C ?

Peter Heid</HTML>

Re: Boiler Stuff Only-
Date: August 29, 2002 07:22AM

<HTML>Hi Peter,

96% efficiency sure would be nice, but 70 decibels is pretty loud. Then again, it might be possible to muffle everything pretty well. I've seen awfully high prices quoted for some of those high-performance alloys. Hope the stuff you mentioned is cheaper, or is only needed in small quantities.

Peter</HTML>

Posted by: Mike Bennett (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2002 08:16PM

<HTML>How does a lamont boiler react to overfireing (flame impingement) for short periods of time?
Thanks,
Mike</HTML>

Posted by: Eric 'Plumbing and mech. syst (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2004 08:57PM

<HTML>I have 3 boilers and 1 gas meter,can i measure amount of use each townhouse's using?There are 2 townhouse's on each boiler.There are diff.amounts of baseboard in each unit.Can this work by measuring superheat or therms?</HTML>

Posted by: IBRAHIM HASSAN (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2004 06:38AM

<HTML> Dear Sir ,
We would like to introduce our selves to you as a trading company which work in sugar & yeast factories field , we supply sugar & yeast factories in Syria with all equipments and spare parts necessary for maintenance , this means that we inter in our names inside country tenders but we are working as a contractor and commissioner when external tenders.

At the moment we have many tenders,

1-The tender for supply plated heat exchanger according to the following specifications and dimensions:
2-The tender for supply heating coils for steam boilers water
3-The tender for supply tubes of heat exchanger for sugar pans from carbon steel ST35.8 accepting expanding from two ends according to the following specifications and dimensions:
1.Seamless tube carbon steel ST 35.8 according to DIN.

2.Tube length 1310 mm, outside diameter 100 mm.

3.Thickness 2.4 – 2.5 mm.

4.Quantity 3000 tubes.

-The tender for supply three ECONOMISER for steam boilers

I am looking to cooperate with your company.if you are interesting in the above mentioned tenders, tell me I will send you the technical conditions.
Awaiting your early reply.

Thank you , best regards

Eng. IBRAHIM AL HASSAN

Syrian Office For Sugar Technology SOFST
SYRIA - RAKKA - P.O. Box: 318
Tell : 00963 22 231 599
Fax : 00963 22 238 911
Mobile : 00963 94 205 357
E-mail : sadco@scs-net.org

<a href="mailto:&#110;&#101;&#114;&#103;&#97;&#97;&#114;&#100;&#64;&#114;&#99;&#110;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;?subject=Re: Boiler Discussion Thread/Boilers only-">David K. Nergaard</a> wrote:
>
> There is a cheap way to add an effective economiser to
> a Stanley. I bought a junk condenser coil from an air
> conditioner repair shop. I gives me about 7% improvement and
> has worked for thirty years so far. Feed water enters at
> 200-210 deg. and leaves at 270-300 deg. Flue gas enters at
> about 550 deg and exits at 250 -300 deg. F. Try to get one
> with copper tube. Many new ones use aluminum which probably
> won't last as well. If I remember rightly the thing cost me
> $2.</HTML>

Posted by: Mujeeb R. Alvi (IP Logged)
Date: February 08, 2006 12:39PM

<HTML>Can you help me?

I am seeking small boilers delivering 150 Lbs/sq. inch of 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 H.P. for stationary application and small boats to operate on L.P.G., using sea water as feed water for generating steam and as well as cooling.

Thanks. Mujeeb R. Alvi.</HTML>

Posted by: Mujeeb R. Alvi (IP Logged)
Date: February 08, 2006 12:46PM

<HTML>Can you help me?

I do hope you have completed your experiment and have succeeded in developing the new type of Boiler.

I am seeking small boilers delivering 150 Lbs/sq. inch of 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 H.P. for stationary application and small boats to operate on L.P.G., using sea water as feed water for generating steam and as well as cooling.

Thanks. Mujeeb R. Alvi.</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.