SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Early engine BLOCK chain
Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2009 01:40AM

Hi,,Is anyone rebuilding an early car with real small BLOCK chain,,as in bicycle chain,,like the 1897 Stanley car,,I have found some new stock,,NOT rusty,it really is BLOCK chain not roller,,,Meanwile I watch for 1 1/4X 5/8w x3/4d chain for a big car,Loco,The common chain has 3/4 wide rolls,,and I wish to retain the original sprockets and brake drum,,Cheers Ben

Re: Early engine BLOCK chain
Posted by: ziviling (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2009 03:17PM

Hi Ben,
I am lloking for a block chain for early Locomobile. It has 1" pitch and inner width 5/16". Hope you can help me, Peter Wueringer from Vienna, Austria, Europe

Posted by: hhiblerwa1 (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2009 06:38PM

Peter,
Rexnord Company makes the block chain you are looking for. Part number is B-504.
Hot Steam,
Harry

Posted by: mike clark (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2009 08:53PM

Ben,

Didn't know you were still looking.

There is a firm in the UK who advertise, I'll phone them Monday and see if they can help.

They also advertise block chains.

www.rmfowler.co.uk

Mike

Posted by: Ben (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2009 09:31PM

Hi,,,This is gettin to be fun,,,The chain i found is ,625 pitch,,,250 wide,,,312 dia/ht,,,Thanks for the info,,Cheers Ben

Date: April 22, 2009 10:58PM

Hi Ben

Spoke to RM Fowler Ltd. They can do your chain. I've emailed you. They seem to be able to do many of the old style chains and have worked for many of the well known brass age chain driver people. He seemed to know his stuff.

Mike

Date: April 23, 2009 07:38AM

Ben - my email to you bounced back. Can you email me then I can send it as a reply. If not I'll send it as private message on this Forum.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.