SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Some fun Stanley pictures
Posted by: Kelly (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2012 12:29AM

I had to lighten up a little on the continual slog through the Stanley Register work, and put up a page of some of my favorite pictures of Stanleys. Hope you enjoy them.

[www.stanleyregister.net]

Kelly

Re: Some fun Stanley pictures
Posted by: Rolly (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2012 08:30AM

Dear Kelly
Thanks for posting this photo of a 1907 EX notice the rear wheels have brake drums.
Nothing is new under the sun. Look at the running board; it’s a toolbox. I built mine last fall after the New Hampshire meet.

Rolly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 11:56AM by Rolly.

Attachments: Running board toolbox -a.jpg (200.8KB)   0_1907_EX_Rhodes_grandfather1.jpg (60.7KB)  
Date: May 21, 2012 08:42PM

Dear Kelly
Upon more study of this photo.
This car has been extensively rebuilt, the brake rod that runs across the under side of the body had been lowered under the exhaust duct. Also the frame has been trussed and the brake rod brackets have been mounted to the standoffs. The rear end appears to be that from an E2 1909 there appears to be brake bans on the outside of the drums. The 07 only had the bans on the inside of the drum. Looks like it might be a wet engine, but I can’t tell for sure.

Rolly

Attachments: 07 EX.jpg (135.8KB)  
Date: May 22, 2012 12:07PM

The 1906 EX listed as photo Stanley-1907- Florida-w-alligator. Also has some kind of modified running board box, very thick. I enlarged it but it’s not two clear.
Looks like it opens from the side not the top. Interesting stuff. Note no rear brake drums.
Rolly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.