SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Definition Help
Posted by: Peter Heid (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2002 02:08PM

<HTML>In books on power plants I have seen the term "Board of Trade Unit" used to define a quantity of electrical power. It would seem by its usage that it is similar to the Kilowatt. I think the term is from England but it is in books printed in the USA also. Is anyone familiar with this term and its possable conversion ?

Peter Heid</HTML>

Re: Definition Help
Posted by: Mike Clark (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2002 08:31PM

<HTML>One Board of Trade Unit equals one Kilowatt/hour - 1000 Watts work maintained for one hour - this is how my electricity supplier charges me - thankfully the Stanley doesn't use them!

Mike Clark</HTML>

Date: September 21, 2002 03:36PM

<HTML>Mike,

Thank You. I figured it was related to the KWH but I had seen no cross reference.

Peter Heid</HTML>

Posted by: Mike Bennett (IP Logged)
Date: September 21, 2002 05:34PM

<HTML>Peter,
What would it's acronym be?
Mike</HTML>

Posted by: Ron Parola (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2002 11:11PM

<HTML>Check out a conversion website; I go to Google just type in Convert anything, it's a site just for convering any measurement to anyother. Thanks to Vennerbeck. Ron P</HTML>

Date: October 06, 2002 12:54AM

<HTML>Ron,</HTML>

Date: October 06, 2002 12:54AM

<HTML>Ron,</HTML>

Date: October 06, 2002 01:05AM

<HTML>Ron,
Thanx for the information on convertors. Sorry everyone about the Ghost posts. I don't know how I managed to post twice with just the start. I found [www.onlineconversion.com] from the search has Board of Trade Units. Most often for a starting point on a informational search I go to www.refdesk.com. A very good starting point for an information search and another is [www.nedsite.nl] Both are great reference sites.

Peter Heid</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.