SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pelland steam record car
Posted by: jim reed (IP Logged)
Date: November 01, 2002 02:48PM

<HTML>Does anyone know about the Pelland steam record car built by Peter Pelandine in England. The car was a sports/raceer in appearance with an enclosed canopy for the driver. It had a 3 cyl radial double acting engine of broadarrow (whatever that is) design. It was beset with technical problems and now resides in a museum in the UK. Regards, Jim Reed</HTML>

Re: Pelland steam record car
Posted by: Alex MacColl (IP Logged)
Date: October 26, 2005 07:41PM

<HTML>Hi there, sorry if it's been a while til I replied to your query, and if this is a bit 'thin', it's because a lot of time has passed.

I have heard of the Steam car designed by Peter, and had owned a car of similar design, but built to take the Alfa Romeo engine. Peter called it the Pelland Coupe originally but the company (Square One Designs - now defunct) which purchased the molds called it the Kudos.

Peter emigrated some years ago to Australia to further design his steam car under the sponsorship of the Australian Govt., as they were seeking alternatives to fossil fuel propulsion. Sadly, I have heard recently that Peter passed away some years later. I knew him only briefly and in passing but knew him for a gentleman and a man passionate about his projects.

More than that, I am afraid I cannot help you with. A lot of this info I found out through friends and other owners of the Coupe/Kudos, or tracing him across to Aus.

Regards,

Alex MacColl</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.