SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Kew Bridge steam museum
Posted by: john fehn (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2003 11:49AM

<HTML>~~sad story: in 1999 i had occasion to visit the Kew Bridge steam museum in london on the thames, with their huge two or three story tall cornish pumping engines. before nailing down my itinerary, i called the museum saying i could be there on sunday or monday, any comments please. nothing remarkable was mentioned. upon arriving on monday, i was informed that SUNDAY is the one day of the week when they run the engines! THANKS A LOT. talk about disappointed...

~~~~~~~~john féhn, san francisco~~~~~~~</HTML>

Re: Kew Bridge steam museum
Posted by: Peter Turvey (IP Logged)
Date: February 20, 2003 11:19AM

<HTML>As a Friend of the Museum I will forward your email to them - this should not happen!</HTML>

Re: Kew Bridge steam museum
Posted by: Lesley Bossine (IP Logged)
Date: February 23, 2003 08:33AM

<HTML>I am the Director of the museum and I have emailed Mr Fehn to apologise for the mis-information he was given. As a small, independent museum, run largely by volunteers we place great store by being helpful and I was very disappointed to read of his experience. We operate a system of continuous training for our volunteers and staff who answer the telephone and deal with the public and they are supposed to make it clear that we can only afford to operate the engines on Saturdays & Sundays. I would like to thank Mr Fehn for and our Friend Mr Turvey for bringing this matter to my attention.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.