SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
steamer
Posted by: Les Nelson (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2003 05:44PM

<HTML>HI All
Has anyone "out there" any information on a Pearson Cox steam cycle car? I have some info from Beulieu Museum (UK) and I realise this is an English car I am building but I know you guy's are keen on anything steamy
This is a tiny car of 8HP typical English of the time, although they did go upto 15HP on their larger cars.</HTML>

Re: steamer
Posted by: David K Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2003 10:39PM

<HTML>Check the Science Museum in South Kensington. They have a Pearson-Cox motor cycle.</HTML>

Posted by: Peter Turvey (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2003 08:43PM

<HTML>The Pearson-Cox steam motorbike is in the museum store at Wroughton, near Swindon, Wiltshire. Contact details on website www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/wroughton

Any records relating to it will be at South Kensinton. Check the Science Museum website www.sciencemuseum.org.uk for contact details.</HTML>

Posted by: Arnoud Carp (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2003 12:10AM

<HTML>Hello Les,
During the Bucks fizz tour I went to the Wroughton museum depot together with William Dyke. I was only interested in the sectioned model C White they have over there but William has some Pearson cox parts and while over there took some photographs of the pearson cox car in the depot. There was also a Pearson Cox motorcycle. I think one or two photographs made by him were reproduced in the Steam car club magazine.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.